Wednesday 16 April 2014

Germinating and labeling

Since my yesterday's success, I am going to germinate more seeds to see how that would go.

I bought this compost material, supposed to be quite good. It absorbs and holds water well. I like it.



Then I bought some cups from the baking shop, drill some holes to make drainage. Very cheap - 50 pcs for US$2.00.

To label, I wrote the plants name on some strip of paper and then pierce it with tooth picks.


Just stick it into the cup. No need to have sticky tape, easy to remove and to view.



I bought some mesh from the nursery the other day. Since I am placing these trays near the windows, I need to protect the seeds from hash sun. So, I covered it up. The trays are actually cookie baking tray - US$1.50/pc.



That's it.

Happy farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment