Friday 18 April 2014

The Wild Goose Chase

I have been looking for Tilapia fingerling in Singapore.

Looked around google and found this guy's blog: WerksWinkel

In his video, he bought some tilapia from the fishing pond at Pasir Ris Farmway 3. I went looking for the place. At first, I didn't see it because it was hidden all the way in the back.

So, I drove further down the road. There are a whole bunch of sorry looking aquariums selling both freshwater and marine fishes. These guys take up so much space and they hardly do a thriving business.

Imagine if the Singapore government just give 2-3 acres of those space for Aquaponics enthusiasts, what a difference it would be.

Saw some shops selling fibreglass fish tanks. If I have a large space, I would have bought one today.


Anyway, after running through multiple shops, I decided to ask one of the shop owners where this fish pond was. And he said it was where I went on my first stop.

So went around the back of Pasir Ris Farmway 3, and there it was. Actually, there are two companies offering pond fishing. One of them, don't sell live bait fish.

At the other pond fishing spot, I did see some fish in a small tank which looked like tilapia. But the people there looked so unfriendly, I didn't want to ask and obviously wasn't going to take any picture if you know what I mean. I did spot another area where there were a lot of adult tilapias.

I suppose I will go back there and try again when I am ready to stock up my fish tank.

My last stop was a big freshwater aquarium called Tropical Fish International. I did find something that is close to Tilapia.




But they were really expensive. Imagine if you have to buy 50-100 of these.






I don't know what I am going to do yet. Maybe I will buy some cheap KOI fish. At least they are bigger and presumably produce more shit.

Anyway, I had to go to IKEA and buy some stuff, so I left.

Happy Farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment