Saturday 5 April 2014

Thomson Road Nursery

In Singapore, Thomson Road area is famous for people shopping for plants. Especially CNY period, this area is crazy.

The 2 big ones are Far East Flora and Goodwood.

I thought I would look around to see if there's anything interesting. And I found this:



I think serious gardener will find this amateurist but I thought it is so cool and I bought some.

Then I found some racks from Europe that is quite interesting. You can use this for vertical farming and incorporate into the aquaponics system. In fact, you don't have to buy the rack. You can DIY the racks and then buy these pots and hang them vertically.



Each of these cost about S$2.00


I also found some good size river rocks for the growbeds. Each bag is 10kg at S$14.00.




I'm wondering if I should mix them. The only disadvantage is that using this for growbed will be real heavy and I will need a heavy duty shelving system to hold the growbed. I've already found the rack at Giant Supermarket. It can take 1,000kg load. I will blog about it on another post.

I tried to buy Hydrotons. The type that they sell in this area are all "fake" [sic?] hydrotons. The don't sink so they are pretty much useless for Aquaponics system. I got one of the Indian worker at the shop to throw a few hydrotons into the Koi pond. Sure enough, they float.

I found these at another shop but didn't try.



Can anyone share with me where I can buy some Hydrotons in Singapore that is suitable for Aquaponics?



No comments:

Post a Comment